PyRolL is an OpenSource rolling framework, aimed to provide a fast and extensible base for rolling simulation. The current focus lies on groove rolling in elongation grooves. The core packages comes with a basic set of models to allow a first estimation of forces and torques occurring in a pass sequence. There is a flexible plugin system, able to modify and extend the model set available to describe the process.
- The PyRolL Core Package
- Extension Packages for PyRolL
- Plugin Packages for PyRolL
- The PyRolL Basic Configuration
- Recommendations for Using PyRolL
- Find Out Which Plugins Are Loaded
- Use a Debugger
- AttributeError “Hook call for ‘…’ on ‘…’ could not provide a value.”
- AttributeError “Hook call for ‘…’ on ‘…’ resulted in a RecursionError.”
- ValueError “Hook call for ‘…’ on ‘…’ resulted in an infinite value.”
- ValueError “Profile’s width can not be larger than its contour lines. May be caused by critical overfilling.”
- Warning “Solution iteration of … exceeded the maximum iteration count of …”
The PyRolL Core package is installable via PyPI
pip install pyroll-core
A collection of extension and plugin packages can be installed the same way, the packages’ names usually start with
Use the PyPI search or look at the
extensions list and plugins list.
A basic ready-to-use configuration can be installed with
pip install pyroll-basic
Read here for further information on the basic configuration.
What is this flappy bird?
The German name of the Golden Oriole is Pirol, which resembles the name PyRolL.